Hello and season’s greetings! Julia here, the lady behind Mrs. Vintage, and self-proclaimed vintage fiend. Recently married, one of my favorite wedding gifts is a set of 1920’s gold rimmed cocktail glasses. They are so feminine and delicate, not to mention unique. Vintage gifts don’t have to be shabby, no sir! There are so many beautiful vintage and antique pieces that are affordable, durable, and often times only get more valuable with age. Here are just a handful of my favorites, a little something for everyone. Remember each item is unique and most likely one-of-a-kind, so if you like something listed, act fast!
For The Hostess
I can promise you even the hostess-with-the-mostess will swoon over these vintage goodies. From rare antique French linen that only gets softer with each wash, to adorable hand-painted vintage coasters, you simply can’t go wrong with one of these gifts.
- Set of Six Vintage Hand Painted Coasters $25
- 1940’s French Champagne Bucket $65
- Antique French Linen Towels $50 each
- Etched Champagne Glasses, Set of Seven $60
- Antique Sterling Silver Carving Set $115
For The Men
There are so many options for the men in your life, from vintage sporting goods, to collectables. I just picked a few that I know my man would appreciate. Weather you buy one of these or not, at least you have some good inspiration to get you started!
- 1949 Kreisler Craft cuff Links $42
- For the Don Draper lover: Mid Century Modern Bar Set $38
- Vintage Scale Desk Décor $23
- Platinum Tiffany & Co. Pocket Watch $3,800
The Vintage Fashionista
You know I don’t normally delve into the world of fashion, because frankly, it confuses me most of the time. Furniture and décor, I get. Fashion is a whole other ballgame. That being said, there are a few fashion designers that only get more fabulous with age: First, the ever stylish Coco Chanel, and second the great Christian Dior. And I just had to throw a vintage dress form and cocktail ring in for good measure.
- Le Correcte Vintage Dress Form $420
- Chanel Quilted Lambs Leather Shoulder Bag $1081
- Vintage Christian Dior Sunglasses $203
- 14K Yellow Gold, Diamond & Amethyst Cocktail Ring $1,250 Available at Friend and Co. in New Orleans
For The Decorista
Decorating your home with vintage accents and furniture really gives your space a sense of personality and comfort. Sure, a page out of the Restoration Hardware catalog looks lovely, but in reality, if you were in a home like that it would just feel cold. These items make great housewarming gifts as well, so keep this in mind all year when you’re out at the antique markets!
- Vintage Seltzer Bottles $110 each – Available at Perch New Orleans
- Florentine Bed Tray $315 - Available at Perch New Orleans
- 1970’s Mexican Stone Book Ends $75 – Available at Loisel Vintage Modern in New Orleans
- Vintage Turquoise Alarm Clock $37
- Vintage Austrian Pull Down Butterfly Chart $183